1. “Do you collaborate with or have a professional business relationship with any small business consultants?”
The best website design agency often have their own business consultants, or have relationships with many small consultants who can work with their clients on developing different business concepts. With the right consultant, you can better understand business principles, and make communication a lot easier.
2. “Can you develop my website in a reliable content management system?”
If you wish to manage your own website without learning Dreamweaver or HTML, ask the web design and development team if they can develop the website through a content management system. In this framework, you must be able to manage your website properly from anywhere in the world.
3. “What are the different factors that my website must take into account?”
If your website design company answers this question without inquiring about your business, consider that a big red flag. You may want to look, and consider somewhere else. There are general components many business websites must have, but when working with a firm, they must not answer this question unless they know what type of business you are in.
4. “Can you design my website from scratch, or will you utilize templates?”
A brilliant web design company can design an original website for you. They shouldn’t send you a website that appears generic, and based on a pre-made template. Take a look at the price they will give you. If they gave you an estimate of below $1,000, then most likely, you will not get an original design.
5. “How will you implement an search engine optimization strategy on my website?”
If your potential designer and developer keep talking about keywords and meta tags, then that is a big red flag as well. Any website design firm that is serious about their business deeply understand SEO principles, and know how to apply them well.